Sunday, August 24, 2014

All is Well

The image above is titled 'All is Well'.  If you click on the image it will take you to allposters.com where you can purchase the image.  I really love the simple beauty of it.

We've had a couple of frustrating weeks here at our little cottage.  Our car started to have some brake issues so we parked it until we could get it in for service.  We had Dan's truck so when he got home from work we would run our errands.  The second day of this situation, the brake line on his truck somehow leaked brake fluid everywhere, so now no truck!  We only have two autos and both of them are well over 10 years old but we like to buy used drive them until they die.  It helps immensely with our budget to do it this way.  So, now two cars down and none left but Dan does need to get to work, doesn't he?  This couldn't have happened when he was off work for 5 months!!!  Anyway, the car is being fixed and we borrowed my sweet little mama's car for a few days until we get it back.

On top of this, life suddenly starting moving at mach speed and I'm truly a horse and buggy speed kinda girl.  On top of the issues at hand in our own lives, we are concerned about the state of our country, the situations going on in the world, so much to be concerned about isn't there?  I know some folks just turn on CNN and sit there watching the news as it happens, can't imagine why anyone would do that.  First of all, I would only watch Fox News if I watched TV but also why watch the news happen that you can do absolutely nothing about?  We need to be informed but with all the instant and constant news networks it's information overload!  It can really get to you, then there's the earthquake in CA, thankfully there were no deaths but it's all things that stop you in your tracks to pray for those involved at that moment.  

I believe what we do after we pray is not sit down in front of the TV to watch it all, that's totally counter productive, what good is that doing those folks involved?  After we pray, I think we are to let it go, don't continue to fret over it.  How do we do that?  Well, if you're a Christian you must remember that God is in control of everything, that' right everything.  Our Heavenly Father has His mighty Hand in it all and no matter how it works it, after we give it to Him, we move on.  There is much to be done in our lives, there is much to be done for the Kingdom of God, fretting over things is not productive to doing what the Lord would have us to do.

What it all comes down to is this: If God is on His throne, All is Well....and that's really all we need to 'know'.  I'm so very thankful for His Grace, it's what motivates me to put one foot in front of the other and keep going!  In Him.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Judy,
I love that poster and it would look great in my newly decorated guest room. But when I click on the pic it doesn't take me to the website. I went to all posters but I can't find it. Would you please post the link to that page where I can find the print? Thanks so much!
Lisa