Monday, October 8, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook

click the words above to visit Peggy's blog and see her and other dear ladies daybooks. 

FOR TODAY
October 8, 2012
Here in Kentucky

Outside my window...Beautiful sunny skies, temps are in the 50's so it's pretty chilly.  Love the fall weather!

I am thinking...about the beautiful baby afghan Katie is making for a friend.  I love to see her working with her hands and she loves it also.  We still have not figured out how to knit and I think we've decided to just stick with crochet.  It's amazing how quickly a homemade gift can be made and I know it will be treasured.  I still have a handmade baby afghan a friend made for me 29 years ago when I was pregnant with our first.  Love homemade gifts!

I am thankful...for a husband that works so very hard.  He's been with Delta for almost 25 years now, worked so many overtime hours to count, never ever called in sick and above all he never complains.  His work day starts way before most folks even wake up but he wakes up in a good mood and is the same all day.  How wonderful to not be married to a grouchy person!  Sadly, I can't say the same for the person he's married to, emotions seem to be everywhere these days for this 52 year old lady!  But, he loves me anyway!

In the kitchen...Lots of starters going on: Homemade buttermilk, yogurt in the crockpot, homemade sour cream, kefir, kombucha and hopefully soon we can get going on a sourdough starter.  Supper for tonight is takeout since we have quite a few errands to run.
 
 I am wearing...Calico jumper, pink top, mauve sweater.

I am creating...have nothing particular going right now.  We've been listing things on ebay and getting ready for a yard sale, time to streamline things a bit.
 
 I am going...Hobby Lobby, Starbucks, Walmart, Kroger, Family Christian Store, and finally Subway to pick up supper.

I am wondering...how much decorating I want to do for Christmas, sometimes you want to go all out and other times things seem to demand simplicity...just not sure yet.

I am reading...just finished Tidewater Inn by Colleen Coble, excellent book!

I am hoping...we can get everything finished before the cold weather hits, much to do.

I am looking forward to...everything, every moment we are given is such a wonderful gift.  Life is such an incredible adventure and I choose to be optimistic about it all!!!

I am learning...that less is definitely best, simplify, simplify, simplify!

Around the house... hubby is relaxing after just getting home from work, Katie is getting ready for our errands and Christopher is busy with his stuff!

I am pondering...what's truly most important in life?  Do I need all this stuff?  What do I truly want to focus on?

A favorite quote for today...
“Worrying is carrying tomorrow's load with today's strength- carrying two days at once. It is moving into tomorrow ahead of time. Worrying doesn't empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.”
Corrie ten Boom

One of my favorite things... long talks with our adult children, sometimes we can just sit and talk for hours.  I've always had that with my family and love that I have that with my kids also.

A few plans for the rest of the week: lots of chores, inside and outside.

A peek into my day...lots of ebay items ending and more sifting for the yard sale/give away/ trash/ recycle.
I love this image, it's by one of my very, very favorite artists; Karla Dornacher.  I purchased some of her images on Etsy.
 

No comments: