Monday, March 19, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook

click the words above to visit Peggy's blog and see her and other dear ladies daybooks. 

FOR TODAY
March 19th, 2012 7:00am
Here in Kentucky

Outside my window...Still dark but I hear the birds chirping through our open windows.   It's odd having them open in March but I'm not complaining!

I am thinking...of everything on my to do list, spring and warmer temps bring lots of outside work added to spring cleaning inside. 

I am thankful... that my dad's surgery is over and hopefully there will be no more treatments necessary.

In the kitchen... Great northern beans going in the crock pot this morning for tonight's meal.

I am wearing... it's still very early so it's a gown still.

I am creating... crocheting the edges around the 40 dishcloths I've crocheted.  Finished up sachets, herbal comfies, herbal sleep pillows.  Today need to make some soap and get the candles started.

I am going...no place today, love my days at home!

I am wondering...when we can start planting outside.  We're being teased with temps in the 70's and normally cannot plant until May 15th, just play it by ear I guess.

I am reading... nothing right now, truly no time.

I am hoping... to get our garage wood shop all set up again now that the weather is warm.

I am looking forward to... all the sewing I have to do.  I love sitting in my little sewing nook, my machine humming along while listening to Fernando Ortega hymns, pure bliss!

I am learning... the healing properties of herbs, it's truly amazing how things in nature or all we really need medicinally, learning more every day!

Around the house... hubby left for work at 4am, everyone else is still sleeping.

I am pondering... some very hard but exciting decisions we need to make very soon, lots of prayer and preparation.

A favorite quote for today...
“Worrying is carrying tomorrow's load with today's strength- carrying two days at once. It is moving into tomorrow ahead of time. Worrying doesn't empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.”
Corrie ten Boom

One of my favorite things... long talks with our adult children, sometimes we can just sit and talk for hours.  I've always had that with my family and love that I have that with my kids also.

A few plans for the rest of the week: lots of chores, inside and outside.

A peek into my day...looking forward to getting the clothesline out today!


No comments: