Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook

To read more Daybooks and visit Peggy's blog click below:



FOR TODAY

Wednesday, December 7, 2011


Outside my window...Overcast skies, brown trees, the grass still has some green to it.  Very cold, might have some snow soon!



I am thinking...how blessed we are to have a warm home and full bellies.  There are so many that don't even have the needs this winter, the wants are so far beyond their reach.  I pray we all reach out to those in need.

I am thankful...for feeling good.  I've suffered for a couple of days with a headache, very frustrating.



From the learning rooms...learning all about using my ipod touch, Katie got a new one so I am blessed with the 'old' one!

In the kitchen...not sure just yet, have to do some changing things around on Dan's off days.  He usually has an idea for something different than our plans.

I am creating...Have two jumpers to make this week, also a new purse for me.  I'm going to quilt some fabric and make me a quilted purse, made to my own specifications.  I cannot seem to find a purse anywhere that is exactly what I want and need.  Posted this last week and still need to make them.  Added to this I now have to make an ipod touch cover for Katie and I.



I am going...tomorrow, we have the one month followup appt. with the radiation doctor.

I am wondering...if I'll ever get used to these cooler temps.  The older I get the colder I stay!

I am reading...lots of different Christmas idea books and magazines, I keep the magazines I like from year to year and love looking at all the ideas.  Especially the woodsy, country ideas.


I am hoping...to get working on my 'to do' list after feeling bad for a couple of days.

I am looking forward to...our little errands we have to run today, I get to use my new ipod with the  new speaker system we got for the car.


I am hearing...Christopher and Katie discussing the European football game they're watching.  The love Manchester United.

Around the house...clearing, tidying...simplifying!!!



I am pondering...New ways of doing things, I really am trying to focus on simplifying everything down to the very basics.  Still working on the basics, need to get it on paper so I can review as needed and keep things from getting too busy.

One of my favorite things...just being home, I'm so very content to be a 'homemaker'!

A few plans for the rest of the week: decorating for Christmas, will be getting a 'real' tree after all since our Katie requests one.

 

A picture thought:
Our girl with her Manchester United scarf folded over her head.  This is how she looks every game.  Of course right now she has a cap on underneath since her hair is gone.  But the good news is that it's growing back!!!  Little by little!!!

No comments: