Monday, November 14, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook


To read more Daybooks and visit Peggy's blog click below:
FOR TODAY
Friday, November 14, 2011

Outside my window...Overcast, we're in for some storms.  The temp is around 70 but will drop after today.  Very windy, the trees are dropping the remainder of their leaves.

I am thinking...about our nice weekend, yesterday we were treated to dinner at Texas Roadhouse by my sweet parents.  It was a celebration for Katie since her cancer is gone.


I am thankful...for Jesus, what would I do without Christ every single minute of every single day of my life?  Too, too hard to even consider.
 
From the learning rooms...found a new recipe for homemade deodorant, can't wait to try it.


In the kitchen...Southern Greens Soup with cornbread.


I am wearing...comfy at home clothes.


I am creating...Have two jumpers to make this week, also a new purse for me.  I'm going to quilt some fabric and make me a quilted purse, made to my own specifications.  I cannot seem to find a purse anywhere that is exactly what I want and need.
 
I am going...today we are blessedly home with no errands to run!!!  This is wonderful after going every day for three weeks for radiation and Dr. appointments.


I am wondering...if I will ever forget this feeling of Katie now being cancer free.  This has been the most frightening thing we as parents have ever endured, but we have all learned so very much.  The small things are so very insignificant!


I am reading...Simplicity Primer
excellent read, should be a must read for all of us!  Still in the midst of reading SP but also just finished a fiction suspense by Erin Healy called Never Let you Go, I just finished it a few minutes ago so I'm not sure what to say about it.  I couldn't put it down but was 'curious' throughout, definitely know it will be on my mind for awhile, I'll need to analyze it some more.

I am hoping...to just enjoy this week with no pressing appointments, also to finish up a couple of Christmas gifts, the time is getting near!!!


I am looking forward to...EVERYTHING!!!  I refuse to dread anything ever again!  I look forward to each next moment with such anticipation!!!  This life of ours is such a wonderfully great journey!!!
 
I am hearing...the wind blowing through the windows, other than that it is very silent in our home.


Around the house...Purging of the old, making way for some empty spaces and less dust catchers! 

I am pondering...New ways of doing things, I really am trying to focus on simplifying everything down to the very basics.


One of my favorite things...talking to my sweet little mama on the phone.  Her and my daddy are so precious to us.  We cherish them and I love that they love our sweeties so much!  Family is everything to me!


A few plans for the rest of the week:
Putting away the old, starting anew!
  
A picture thought:
a quilt image I found at Google, hope to use it for ideas and inspiration for a quilted wall hanging I want to make.

No comments: