I have been reading this book for awhile now and I believe it to be one of the best reads ever. I've had only two other books I've felt this strongly about, one being the Bible and the other being Jackie Wellwood's A Busy Mom's Guide to Simply Living (this book was the catapult that plunged me into homeschooling....love this book!!!) and without a doubt The Simplicity Primer goes on my list as #3.
I want to review the book and will after I finish but I wanted to post one of the pages here today, this is a reminder for us Christians to make sure we are keeping our focus on Christ.
The Devil's Beatitudes
- Blessed are those who are too tired, too busy, too distracted to spend an hour once a week with their fellow believers-they are my best workers.
- Blessed are those believers who wait to be asked and expect to be thanked-I can use them.
- Blessed are the touchy who stop going to church-they are my missionaries.
- Blessed are the troublemakers-they shall be called my children.
- Blessed are the complainers-I'm all ears to them.
- Blessed are those who are bored with the minister's mannerisms and mistakes-for they get nothing out of his sermons.
- Blessed is the congregation member who expects to be invited to his own congregation-for he is a part of the problem instead of the solution.
- Blessed are those who gossip-for they shall cause strife and divisions that please me.
- Blessed are those who are easily offended-for they will soon get angry and quit.
- Blessed are those who do not give their offering to carry on God's work-for they are my helpers.
- Blessed is he who professes to love God but hates his brother and sister-for he shall be with me forever.
- Blessed are you who, when you read this, think it is about other people and not yourself-I've got you, too!
While reading this I had to say 'ouch' a couple of times, obviously I need to work on some things.