Friday, September 9, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

The Simple Woman's Daybook

To read more Daybooks and visit Peggy's blog click below:
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/
FOR TODAY
Friday, September 9, 2011

Outside my window...Overcast with gray clouds.  A bit chilly today but very nice temps, 70 degrees should be our high for the day.

I am thinking...how much I love the fall, the air seems so crisp and clean and having the windows open is just so freeing!


I am thankful...Katie is really feeling much better (finally!), it has taken over a full week for her to get back to feeling somewhat normal.  So thankful she only has one chemo session left to go, the last one took everything out of her, we'd never seen her so sick.
 
From the learning rooms...Katie and I have been watching the West Girls DVD's since she's not up to doing much else.  We have the candle making, soap making, sewing, quilting and cooking ones and we LOVE them!!!  We've learned so much from them and gotten some fresh ideas on how we do things.  Love doing things the simple way!


In the kitchen...Parmesan cube steak, sauteed zucchini and yellow squash, oven roasted asparagus, salad


I am wearing...some working clothes, lots to do today and I don't have to leave the house!


I am creating...Found a new pattern for a crocheted dish cloth, it's a nice change because I love making them but sometimes you just want to do things a little differently.


I am going...no place today, maybe not all weekend!


I am wondering...how to make sure I keep things nice and simple, sometimes I want to complicate things by going too far with things.  Always striving for simplicity!


I am reading...Simplicity Primer
excellent read, should be a must read for all of us!

I am hoping...to have the energy and pep to continue with my 'fall' cleaning, lots of things to do and wonderful cool breezes blowing through to motivate me!


I am looking forward to...the end of the cancer treatments.  These days are difficult but I have no doubt that we have all grown so much through it all.  We've learned what's important: Family, good health and especially keeping our eyes on Jesus.


I am hearing...The upstairs shower water running.  Other than that our house is very, very quiet.


Around the house...New projects have begun and with them some purging of the old things, lots for Goodwill and some for recycling.


I am pondering...New ways of doing things, I really am trying to focus on simplifying everything down to the very basics.


One of my favorite things...talking to my sweet little mama on the phone.  Her and my daddy are so precious to us.  We cherish them and I love that they love our sweeties so much!  Family is everything to me!


A few plans for the rest of the week:
Putting away the old, starting anew!


No comments: