Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

To read more Daybooks and visit Peggy's blog click below:
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

FOR TODAY
Thursday, September 1st, 2011

Outside my window...Brown dead grass, sadly we've had so little rain that the grass just couldn't seem to find the moisture to live.  The trees in the woods are beautiful and green though.  Very hot today, 95!...yep, I'm ready for fall!!!

I am thinking...I've been thinking that it's time I try to get myself back in some semblance of normalcy so I'm going to try to keep up with this daybook and post throughout the week when I can.


I am thankful...Our 21 year old sweet daughter Katie has Lymphoma, she had her second chemo yesterday and we were unprepared for the horrible vomiting this time.  Up all night, roaring headache, every time she moved she vomited
, she couldn't keep her epilepsy meds down so while she was vomiting she was seizing.  Poor thing sitting there holding her head (which is a bald head now) suffering very quietly and silently.  Thankful that it stopped this morning at 7am, one hour before a possible hospitalization, so very thankful!  One chemo to go, will be glad when it's over for her.

From the learning rooms...Our homeschool years are past as all three have graduated.


In the kitchen...needless to say, food is not an issue in our home today, whatever we can snack on will do.


I am wearing...my gown, it's 9pm.


I am creating...Katie and I have been watching the West girls DVD's so we're anxious to start on their homemade soap recipe and use the beeswax we have to start dipping candles..plus lots of sewing ready for feeling good days.


I am going...Our lives revolve around Dr. visits and test right now, thankful to say that we have nothing scheduled for the next week or so...so far, could change at any moment.


I am wondering...if we can get all of our gifts made before Christmas, really want to focus on being busy when Katie has good days.


I am reading...Simplicity Primer
excellent read, should be a must read for all of us!

I am hoping...to get our yogurt, buttermilk, sour cream and other recipes finished tomorrow.


I am looking forward to...every moment of every day.  Cancer reminds you that every moment is precious.


I am hearing...Twice Upon a Christmas DVD on the TV, Katie already watched A Muppet's Christmas Carol, yeah she's a Christmas nut!!!  Just like her mommy!


Around the house...We're all just resting and enjoying the calm.


I am pondering...where can we find a church?  This has been an issue with us for a while and I really want to find one very soon.


One of my favorite things...having my whole little family together at home.  Tommy lives on his own but I've talked to him twice today, so this mommy is content.


A few plans for the rest of the week:
It's almost over!



No comments: