Monday, May 2, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook


To view Peggy's and many other ladies daybooks click here.

My Daybook for...
Monday May 2, 2011...
Here in Kentucky...

Outside my window...rain, rain and more rain.  There has been so much flooding in our area.  We are blessed to live at the top of a ridge so we don't have any flooding issues but I just feel so bad for those that do.  On a pleasant note:  the rain has turned everything soooo very green and lush, our woods are simply bursting at their seams, it truly is beautiful!

I am thinking...that it's about time I get back to blogging....LOL

I am thankful for...family, we are blessed with an enormous extended family and I just love that we all keep in touch pretty regularly.

I am remembering...the past few months, winter did not seem quite so long this year but I am thankful that spring is here!

I am currently reading...a christian fiction series about knitters and ....well murder!  I love my mysteries!

I am hoping...to very soon start sewing on our new sewing machine and serger, haven't even tried the serger out yet, just been too busy!

On my mind...oh my mind is a jumble right now, too many things flying around in there!

Today I'm wearing...coral jumper, white long sleeve top and sandals.  There's a bit of a chill in the air.

Noticing that...I've finally come to the point in life that if I'm not living a life that I feel is pleasing my Father, I will make changes myself, not matter how difficult they are to make.  If I need to drop some friends then that's what must be done.  I will not waste time dealing with game playing, I'm just so far beyond that now.

Pondering these words...'I can do all things through Him, who strengthens me.'  Phil. 4:13  I have to remember that it is all things, not just some things or the things that are in Judy's comfort zone....all things.

From the kitchen...Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans and applesauce.

Around the house...Christopher and Katie are upstairs doing their thing, meatloaf is in the oven and Danny is walking in the door from work.

A Picture thought to share...
This is what has been keeping my busy for the past few months.  My mama's kitchen before:

And after.....she wanted a fresh new look, so we went from country to cottage, she loves the white cabinets.  It took a long time to get it done, lots of coats of paint on the cabinets and the border you see in the before was a bear to take down.  We used DIF, hot water, fabric softener, vinegar, scraped and scraped and scraped.  Finally, after weeks of trying all these things we spent fifty bucks on a wallpaper steamer and it came right off!!!
 She and my daddy are very pleased and that makes us very happy!!!!

No comments: