Monday, October 18, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook


To view Peggy's and many other ladies daybooks click here.

My Daybook for...
Monday October 18, 2010...
Here in Kentucky...

Outside my window...Cooling down after a slightly warm day.  The trees are pretty with their leaves changing and the sky is starting to darken.

I am thinking...
about our wonderful weekend.  Katie and I took off for our family reunion which is in Levi Jackson State Park in London KY.  We had so much fun, we shopped in Berea, Renfro Valley and spent the night in a pretty suite!  Sunday we had a wonderful day with all our huge family, it was an incredible weekend! 
 
I am thankful for...a sweet, fiercely loving and caring daughter.  At age 20 I know most daughters would rather be with their friends but Katie and I have always been best friends and we love spending time together!  How blessed am I?!!!

I am remembering...last year at this time, my depression was so bad I couldn't attend our reunion, I'm so thankful for feeling so great this year!  Thank you Jesus!!!

I am currently reading...browsing Country Sampler and Country Accent magazines trying to get a bit of inspiration for some crafts we can make for Christmas.

I am hoping...to see our Tommy this week.  He was on vacation and out of town last week so we didn't get to see him on his birthday.

On my mind...I'm always amazed at how good it feels to come home!  We had a lovely trip and a wonderful time together, then coming home was just as wonderful!  Home is truly where my family is and it was good to get home to our 'boys'!!!  
 
Noticing that...time seems to be going too fast right now, I wish I could just slow it down but I can't so I must enjoy every second!  So many blessings!

Pondering these words...Being entirely honest with oneself is a good exercise.  Sigmund Freud

From the kitchen...baked sweet potatoes, pork loin, stuffing and broccoli.

Around the house...Danny's at home with the couch, attempting to bond with the new couch, not going well, he wants his old couch back!!!

From my picture journal...
Our pretty bedroom in our suite.  the beds were so comfy, lots of fluffy pillows, a warm down duvet and beautiful bedspreads and bed skirts.  Perfect for us girls!!!
 

No comments: