Monday, September 6, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook


To view Peggy's and many other ladies daybooks click here.

My Daybook for...
Monday September 6, 2010...
Here in Kentucky...

Outside my window...Sunny and very pretty, the humidity is down but we've got the air on because we've got lots to do inside and it was just too warm in here.

I am thinking...
how wonderful the weekend was, we didn't really do anything but we enjoyed being home and had the windows open with a wonderful breeze coming through.  Actually it was more like a wind tunnel!  We live at the top of the ridge and get some strong winds, it was wonderful!  Sunday morning the temps were around 44 when we got up at 5am.  brrrrrr!
 
I am thankful for...our family and extended family.  We don't always get to talk or see each other (although we are all friends on facebook!!!LOL) but we always know that they're there if we need them...or vice versa.

I am remembering...the joy of being with Christopher and Katie all day long, I know those times will not go on forever and I absorb every moment of the joy!  Christopher does an incredible impression of Bill Clinton, he didn't purposely set out to make it sound like him but it does and simply cracks me up!!!  Katie is...well Katie is Katie...she has voices for her fav 'football' players and nicknames for them.  I never know who's going to be talking to me next, will it be Bill Clinton, Nani, Ronaldo, Fabio, Chris, Katie.....jim, fred, dorean, chrls....you'd have to live here to understand!!!!

I am currently reading...finally got started on my one year ESV Bible, am finishing up the Patricia Sprinkle series.

I am hoping...for the strength, endurance and comfort to deal with the changes we'll be going through, we're a close family and changes are sometimes very, very difficult for me!

On my mind...the wonderful comfort that He gives us 'just enough', I ask for nothing more.
 
Noticing that...it's getting dark earlier in the evening!  I love that, we love to light oil lamps and have a nice cozy atmosphere.
 
Pondering these words...'Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin' Grace Hansen    
The older I get the more I see that we have to step out of our comfort zone and take some risks and chances, we never know what will be on the other side!!!

From the kitchen...Katie is going to make us meatloaf, broccoli casserole and roasted potatoes for supper.

Around the house...Christopher and Katie are in here with me so the rest of the house is very quiet.  Can't say that for this room...full of nonsense and weirdness!!!
 
From my picture journal...
 One of Katie's pics of the clouds, she loves the sky (just like her mama!).
 

No comments: