Monday, August 30, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook


To view Peggy's and many other ladies daybooks click here.

My Daybook for...
Monday August 30, 2010...
Here in Kentucky...

Outside my window...Sunny and hazy from the heat, we have a smog alert from the 90's to 100 temps.

I am thinking...glad to have some things checked off my to do list, plenty more to do.  We're preparing our home for Autumn, lots of fall cleaning, cozying and fluffing!!!LOL
 
I am thankful for...a clear mind and joy in my heart, it all comes from my Savior

I am remembering...all the laughter in our home yesterday, Danny was really on a roll and had us all laughing!!!  Also, talking to my Tommy, this mommy just loves to see his name on the phone when it rings.

I am currently reading...the Patricia Sprinkle series 'Thoroughly Southern Mystery Series', I've read all of her books now and finally had to buy this series from ebay because our library didn't have them, they are really good.

I am hoping...for things to go as planned in September, we have some things happening that are kind of new territory for us and some things that will be an adjustment for Christopher, Katie and I but we're looking forward to this next step.

On my mind...my sweet little mama that had a fall last week and is hurting still from it.  She has had severe rheumatoid arthritis for over 20 years and a fall really flares up pain and she has to up some meds, just praying she's 100% again soon.  She's my hero, I've always wanted to be just like her, I love her so very, very much!
 
Noticing that...I'm feeling the need to stock up and prepare, I'm not a doomsday person but it seems that it just makes sense to be prepared for any possible time of need.
 
Pondering these words...Your are either a dasher or a dancer, sad to say I'm a dasher...I think I might work on that and try to turn myself into a dancer!!!

From the kitchen...Banana bread for breakfast, beef stew with Katie's bread for supper.

Around the house...music is playing in the kitchen while Katie goes about her baking, air conditioning roaring away!!..come on cooler temps!!!

From my picture journal...
Last week wash Tasha Tudor day, since I  missed it on my blog I want to pay homage to her here with some of her artwork, she has been such an inspiration to me in living simply and enjoying the simple things.


She was a wonderful lady, she bloomed where she was planted!

No comments: