Monday, April 26, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook


To view Peggy's and many other ladies daybooks click here.

My Daybook for...
Monday April 26, 2010...
Here in Kentucky...

Outside my window...cloudy, drizzly, everything is wet from the rains all weekend.  It is all truly green and lush and beautiful.

I am thinking...of how blessed we were with a cool sunny week last week.  We worked for 4 days at my parents home.  We scrubbed and power washed the house, cleaned windows inside and out, power washed their deck (which is huge, we call it the runway!) and got some other things done for them also.  It's always a treat because they're so appreciative.  Years ago we would do the same for Dan's parents and even today when we help out his sweet little momma she is so very appreciative.  Makes you want to do even more!


I am thankful for...like minded friends that understand and uplift me when I'm so very low.

I am remembering...a nice calm quiet and restful weekend after working hard outside all week, it was rainy outside and perfect to just enjoy my sweet little family!

I am currently reading...yet another Travis Thrasher book, excellent author!

I am hoping...for lots of energy this week to accomplish all we have to do.  This was my answer from last week and applies for this week also.  I was blessed with plenty of energy last week to do all we needed to do for my sweet little parents.

On my mind...the closeness we have with our grown children and how close they are to one another.  Such a blessing!
Noticing that...when I get my lowest the Lord seems to pull me closer.  Such wondrous love!

Pondering these words...
Content makes poor men rich; discontentment makes rich men poor.  Benjamin Franklin

From the kitchen...Katie's brewing up something in there but won't let us know what it is.  Supper will probably be Cheeseburger Soup.

Around the house...busy kitchen, vacuum running, washer running, plenty of indoor chores to do today!

From my picture journal...
 This is a cute little dress and jacket I made for Katie years ago.  She was photographing things in her hope chest for a friend and this was one of the items.  She was probably 7 or 8 when she wore it.  Sweet memories and I love that she's kept all of the dresses I made her when she was young.  She's my sweetheart!!! 

No comments: