Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A New Beginning with Kefir and Kombucha!

Awhile back we had to let go of our Kefir grains and Kombucha scoby.  We had nurtured them but just had to give them up for awhile, life just didn't allow us to keep up with them.
Well, I found a source for some new kefir grains and a scoby and am really excited about getting back to having our smoothies and kombucha.
The package arrived today and we've already got the kefir rinsed, drained and a new batch brewing in the cupboard.  Tomorrow we'll get the kombucha going and make good use of those pretty scobies!

They really look great and sometimes it's just kind of nice to start something anew and I'm just not so sure about the source I got the first grains and scoby from, I just felt we needed to start anew with a new batch and we're looking forward to having them brewing again! 

Sometimes we just get way to used to convenience items and as my sweet hubby would much rather have burgers and fries every single night!!!...I just don't pay as much attention as I should to what's going in our bodies.  Now that the markets have some many beautiful fresh fruits and veggies now I'm really looking forward to lightening up our menu!  Sweet hubby will just have to fill up on fresh stuff and skip the 'junk food' he so loves!

I love reading all the blogs and learning about different healthy meals in different parts of our country and the world!  Such a wonderful variety and it's very inspiring to have all the fresh new ideas!

No comments: