Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Simply Feeling Better and a Tag from Katie

I am feeling better (thanks for the prayers..very sweet and kind!).  I went to the Dr. because Dan said I was drifting down the river of 'denile' because I thought it was just allergies!  Well, he was right because I am back to the Asthmatic Bronchitis, back on the same meds again, got a shot and breathing treatment and I'm feeling much better.

My sweet Katie had this little questionnaire on her blog....and well, I like to be like her so I stole this from her blog....don't tell!!!!

1. What's your favorite time of the day, and why?  I really like the early, early morning, like at 6am but I seldom get up that early.  We go to bed very late at our house so our mornings are not quite that early.  Years ago we would get up real early on my grandparents farm and I loved to see the fog still lingering down in the valley.  Their farmhouse was high up on a hill.

2. If health wasn't an issue, what food could you live off of?  Fried chicken...actually chicken in any form.  I grew up eating chicken multiple times a week and still love it.  Sadly Dan does not like 'our' chicken at all, he'll eat it anywhere else but not at home...kinda strange and quite offensive but hey...what are you going to do?

3. If you could have one wish granted (besides wishing for more wishes), what would it be?  If I could only have one wish I could never use it for myself, it would have to be to help someone.

4. What's one thing that you get teased about a lot?  I don't know...we don't really tease in our home so I can't think of anything.

5. If you could choose one movie, book, or TV show to spend your life in, which would you pick? What type of character would you be?  Avonlea, actually the Road to Avonlea series.  I really don't think many folks have watched this series, it was on the Disney channel years ago and we now have it on DVD.  This is an incredible series and we have literally watched them over and over!  I would be Janet King, Sara Stanley's aunt.

6. If you could have one talent that you don't already have, what would it be?  I would love to sing like Twila Paris, such an incredible voice!  Sadly, I cannot sing anything that anyone would want to hear.  Years ago when Tommy (our oldest) was a baby I would sing 'You Light Up My Life' to him....because you see I thought it was so appropriate to sing to my baby boy that I loved soooooo much.  Well, it became a family joke and everyone requested I sing it to him.....not because they liked my singing but because whenever I would start singing that song he cried.....not a little tiny cry, not a scared cry, not an I'm hungry cry....no, no, no...it was a heart wrenching sob like my singing was simply breaking his heart...or hurting his ears, not sure which one!!!

7. If money were no object, where would you go on vacation?  Switzerland, I've wanted to go there since I was a little girl.

8. If you were an awesome singer, which genre would you sing?  Contemporary Christian

9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, what would it be?  Hobby Lobby sounds really good but to be practical I guess I would say Wal-Mart, you could get so many different things there.

10. If you could live in any point in time, when would it be?  1800's, I agree with Katie on this, I love the 1800's also.  But also, if Katie were living then I would want to also....you see I love her soooooo much!

11. If every outfit in your wardrobe had to be one color, what would it be?  Coral

12. If you were one of the seven dwarves, which one would you be? (Doc, Grumpy, Sneezy, Sleepy, Bashful, Happy, or Dopey)  Uh...duh....Dopey????  Actually I would have to say 'Happy' because I am generally a very happy person.

13. What's the last album you listened to?  I don't listen to albums, but the last song I remember listening to was 'Testify to Love' by Avalon.

14. What's something we'd be surprised to know about you? Although I decorate with country, almost primitive style and everything is a bit worn looking or used....and I love Country decorating!....I'm just fascinated with anything that shimmers, shines, glistens, etc.  I love glitter in every single color, and would live in a beautiful glittery world with fairy wings and a glittery sky....with beautiful rainbows everywhere sprinkled with fairy dust....I mean glitter!!!  And dew drops everywhere...oh yeah, everyone would be happy and peaceful and calm in my world!

Well, that's Judy in a nutshell!....especially a half of a walnut shell because it would make the perfect little tiny boat to float down the beautiful pink and purple river in my little world!
Since Katie always tags people, I'm going to also!  I tag Sweet Sandy, Sweet Sue and any other sweet friend of mine that wants to do it, make sure and comment so I can come and read yours!

No comments: