Monday, March 15, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

 To view Peggy's and many other ladies daybooks click here.

My Daybook for...
Monday March 15, 2010...
Here in Kentucky...


Outside my window
...Very dreary, rainy cloudy sky.  Quite chilly.

I am thinking...that I'm so thankful for the many blessings the Lord showers us with daily, in the midst of everyone being so sick I see His love shine through!  Thank you Jesus!

I am thankful for...a roof over our heads, a functioning furnace, a dryer to dry our clothes, a stove and oven to fix our food....on such a chilly day it's really easy to see the blessings of simple appliances, so many do without.  Yes, we are blessed beyond measure!

I am remembering...something that happened this weekend that was such an incredible blessing, right out of nowhere the Lord just stepped right in and quickly fixed a problem for us...not only that but He blessed us way beyond the problem.  How does anyone survive without the Lord, I guess I could survive without Him, but I never, ever want to!

I am currently reading...reading a lot of how to books right now on crafting with wool felt, some educational books because I really want to brush up on some subjects that I was never taught in school and learned a bit of while homeschooling but I want to take it further.

I am hoping...to finish some much needed chores and tasks before the sun sets this evening.

On my mind...sickness....we've had sickness in our home for well over a week and I'm so ready for some warmer spring weather!  Throw those windows wide and get out all the sick germs!

Noticing that...It is hard to take care of my home by myself, I'm so used to everyone pitching in and doing their own chores that it's tough to get it all done...especially since I've been sick also!

Pondering these words...It is a wise mother who gives her child roots and wings.  Chinese Proverb  So very true!

From the kitchen...stuffed baked potatoes, roasted broccoli.

Around the house...just got back from running errands.  Chris and Katie are just chilling out and resting, Dan is crashed on the couch, he says this is the life!  He had to get up at 2:45 to go into work so he's happy to lay there with his remote control and channel surf away!

From my picture journal...
Our Cute little great nephew who turned 1 this weekend....where does the time go?

No comments: