Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Simple American


I have to tell you that I've received some not very nice emails and a bit of flack for my post on buying American made products.  I find that interesting because we live in a country that encourages freedom of speech.  I disagree with a lot of what I read on the internet or hear on the news, etc.  But you see freedom of speech means that I can give my opinion, you do not have to agree with me, but you better believe I'm going to give it anyway.
I did not allow the comments to go through, which means I silenced them which is not allowing their free speech, but if they have a blog they can post their side of it.  This is my blog, therefore I will post my opinions.  I am not a argumentative person so I will not battle with anyone, but I will speak up for what I think is right.
Most importantly I will defend your right to give your opinion, I defend your right to free speech also.  I may not like what you have to say, I may disagree completely but yes, I will defend your right to say it.
This blog is about my opinions as a Christian, Young Earth believer, Creationist, American, Homeschooling, Homesteading, Homemaking, Proverbs 31 Woman.  You may read what I say and turn away and never come back, that's okay because this may not be a blog that would interest you.  
Above all, I'm about the truth.  I guess it's the truth as I see it.  Am I still going to speak my mind about the things that matter to me, you bet!  Raising our voices is important to make a change and our dear sweet country is desperate for some changes!

No comments: