Sunday, February 7, 2010

Simply Living for Him


As a family we've gone through quite a lot in the past year or so.  Our son moved out on his own, which was a huge adjustment for this mama, I just love my kids and love being with them so I miss him but am so very proud of him!  We lost a dear cousin at age 36 suddenly from a blog clot.  My father-in-love passed away (actually I was the one that found him dead at the bottom of the steps, that was one moment in time I truly wished I could just freeze, I hated telling my sweet mother-in-love, then it was just her and I while we waited for the squad, it all seemed to happen in slow motion)...which was the first of our parents to pass away and it was very difficult for us all.  I had a bad bout with my depression that just would not let up, which I think was further fed by our loss, just had a rough time getting through that.
I know that so many have gone through so much more in the past year, so many tragedies and losses.  To think of all those folks in Haiti that will struggle for some time with all of the problems they've faced and have yet to face.  It all just seems too much, doesn't it?
Through all of this we could just choose to fall down in the abyss of sadness and never come out, we could choose to be bitter and full of hatred or we could let the anger of it all lead us to act in a vengeful way, but none of those would help now would they?  In the long run those things would be more harmful than good and put us in a much worse situation.
My choice is very, very simple.  I trust Him.  I lay my burdens at His feet.  I go to Him with tears and prayers and sorrows.  I look to Him for the next step.  I trust Him with it ALL.
If we have Christ, we have everything.  Our eternity is already set and we have the hope of seeing our loved ones again in Heaven, yes I definitely choose Him.  Such hope, calm, peace and love!

I was raised by a very sweet little lady, my mother's faith is and was an incredible thing.  Through my lifetime she has lost her parents, her 3 brothers, 1 sister, 2 nephews, 1 niece, her oldest grandson at age 19, friends and other relatives.  There have been many losses for her but she knows what the scriptures say and she rests in those promises, she knows she will be in Heaven with them someday.  What a blessing she has been to me, the times she has fallen down I've watched Him pull her right back up.  

I praise Him today, do you?  Oh, how I pray that you do!

No comments: