Monday, February 15, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook


To view Peggy's and many other ladies daybooks click here.

My Daybook for...
Monday February 15, 2010...
Here in Kentucky...


Outside my window
...white, white and more white!  We already had about a foot of snow and now it's been snowing since last night and it's still coming down.  We're supposed to have snow through tomorrow!

I am thinking...I'm glad this is Dan's Friday so he's off the next 2 days.

I am wearing...brown jumper, green top with brown in it.

I am thankful for...the Lord taking my aunt Vernice home last Friday, she was doing okay until she had a massive heart attack on Wednesday, I'm so thankful she didn't have to suffer or linger.  God is good.

I am remembering...spending my days at my aunt Vernice's farm when I was a little girl!  They lived in Jackson country Kentucky (way down there) and we visited my grandparents most weekends and hers was just one farm over.  They had 6 kids and we just had so much fun, we would run through the fields and then run some more....never still for a moment!  Such wonderful memories!

I am currently reading...Day by Day by Delia Parr, it's a very good book.  It's Christian fiction and very well written.  I'm finding that she's a very good author and I'll be looking for more books by her.

I am hoping...to get my shelves painted but it's hard to do without going in the garage (which is sooo cold) because of the stinky oil based paint.

On my mind...thankful that my parents are back home from going to the visitation for my aunt.  The funeral was today but the weather is so bad here and there that they thought they should come back home last night, I'm very thankful they did.

Noticing that...I'm really enjoying all the snow, we had a few years of warmer winters but I'm thankful to have all the snow again, it's so pretty!


Pondering these words...Happiness is homegrown....I think this is so true, Dan and I were raised in joyful homes with lots of laughter and we have made our home the same, not just laughter of course but joy in the simple things.

From the kitchen...pork chops, roasted new potatoes, veggies

Around the house...very, very quiet, I'll be starting up laundry soon though.  Then there are lots of chores to finish up.

From my picture journal...
 
A yummy pecan pie Katie made for us.  I've never made one and this is her first, it was delicious!
We've not been eating any chocolate and very, very few sweets so this was a very rare treat for us!

No comments: