Saturday, January 9, 2010

Simply Praising God, From Whom All Blessings Flow




I believe I'm coming to an end with my cold, the cough is still deep and painful and sometimes takes my breath away and I'm very tired but I think all in all it's about gone.  I'm thankful for that and promise myself that I will appreciate being well, we so quickly forget how awful it feels and what a blessing good health really is!

I couldn't sleep last night, now sure why but if I closed my eyes they just popped open again.  I was very frustrated for awhile and was having such a pity party when it occurred to me that I should be praying instead of fretting.  I still suffer from not being able to focus so my prayers are choppy but I know the Lord knows my heart and understands.  As I lay there thinking about all the people I wanted to pray for I realized that these are people that mean everything to me....my family....and there are so many needs in our extended family so I tried to bring faces to mind and pray for each, as I said I know the Lord knows already.  I also thought of friends, those near and far and was able to focus on praying for them also.  Those nights are very long, quiet and I so often forget to count the blessing of having the darkness and quiet to be able to focus a bit better, no other noises or things to distract me.

I have hopes of getting our Cricut set up today and having a bit of fun with it, I have so many cards to make and have already missed sending a birthday card this year, she'll get it but it will be a bit late.

I look at the snow outside, the pristine whiteness and beauty of it and am reminded that only God could paint such incredible beauty with the color white (if white is a color?).  May He bless all who reads this with the joy and blessings that only He can give.  Thank you Father for the wonderful, incredible, so undeserved gift of Your blessings!

No comments: