Thursday, January 28, 2010

Simply Fun


We've been having such fun today!  My mama and daddy came home from Florida after being there for a month and we were so glad to see them, we visited for awhile and had so many laughs, such joy!!!
We left there and went to Starbucks so we could get some nice warm Cinnamon Dolce Lattes to warm us up on this oh so cold day, drove around a bit and then came home and Dan wanted to order Larosas so we had a nice supper delivered to the door with no cooking!  Sadly the pizza was not up to it's usual standards but was enjoyed anyway.  Dan and I went to Larosas 29 years ago on our very first date, it was unforgettable because I was nervous and dropped an unopened package of crackers in my soup and then when I reached for a napkin I accidentally stuck my pinky in Dan's mountain dew!  He asked me out for a second date so I guess he wasn't scared off by my clumsiness! 
Christopher, Katie and I played a game of Scrabble after we ate and that also was a lot of fun, Christopher asks so kindly if we can just break the rules a little bit on this or that!....funny, funny guy!....he was so sure eblin was a word..but alas no!  We're not competitive at all, it's all in fun so it doesn't matter who won...even though I won...but...ahem....yes, we're not competitive so most of the time don't keep score...although we did tonight and I won (did I already say that???)Lol  Seriously, it's all in fun..I don't have a competitive bone in my body, just don't like competition, not my thing.  Good thing I've never been interested in team sports, huh?
Well, that was our fun for today and I pray for a good night's sleep, lately sleep evades me and it's very boring to be awake in the middle of the night when everyone else is asleep!  You can only watch so much Nick at Nite, which is the only station I watch at night, then I have to find something else when shows come on that I won't watch, like George Lopez, sometimes I just turn on my small light and read.

No comments: