Monday, January 25, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook


To view Peggy's and many other ladies daybooks click here.

My Daybook for...
Monday January 25th, 2010...
Here in Kentucky...


Outside my window
...it is very cloudy and rainy, all of our snow is gone and everything looks very bare looking into the woods.  *This is my answer from the 18th and it still applies...yuck, let's add very cold to it.

I am thinking...of the state of confusion and sadness that must be felt in Haiti, we complain about the financial status of our country...pales in comparison to the true life problems we see them dealing with.  Truly puts things in perspective.

I am thankful for...the basics of a roof over our head, a warm home, clean clothes, clean water, a sanitary home...on top of that we have washer, dryer, refrigerator, food in the cabinets, two bathrooms with showers and plenty of water, two cars, computers...yes, I'd say we're pretty blessed in this country!
 

I am remembering...my parents are coming home this week!!! Yeah!  They've been gone for a month and I miss them like crazy!

I am currently reading...The Bouncing Grandma series by AK Arenz, so far it's very good, should get very interesting according to the synopsis.
 
I am hoping...for just a bit of sunshine this week, haven't seen the sun for quite awhile.

On my mind...just counting our blessings, they seem infinite!

Noticing that...our home is filled with laughter from the time we get up in the morning, these people are funny!!! LOL

Pondering these words...Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.  Ralph Waldo Emerson  
This is something I talked about with our children during our homeschool years, never follow the masses, I'm happy to say that they really took it to heart and are forging their own paths!

From the kitchen...We don't have a plan for today.  Dan surprised us by taking off so we'll see what happens!

Around the house...Dan's showering to go take his mom to visit her sil who just had surgery, the rest of us are getting ready to run a few errands.

One of my favorite things...learning something new every day, I love to learn new things.  Yesterday I found out how to say 'I adore you' in French!

From my picture journal...
Not one of my pics but I love the setting...

Ahhh...summer, warmth, fresh veggies.  Certainly somethings to look forward to!!!

No comments: