Monday, January 18, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook


To view Peggy's and many other ladies daybooks click here.

My Daybook for...
Monday January 18th, 2010...
Here in Kentucky...


Outside my window
...it is very cloudy and rainy, all of our snow is gone and everything looks very bare looking into the woods.

I am thinking...what a wonderful weekend we had, the bonus was spending time with Tommy, he works very hard so we don't get to see him as much as I would like.

I am thankful for...being a wife and mom, it's something I will never ever take for granted.  It's all I ever really wanted to do and I'm so very thankful, my cup runneth over.
 

I am remembering...how horrible I felt and now feel so much better, good health is simply something we should never take for granted.

I am currently reading...just finished a two book series by Diann Hunt, they were called Hot Flashes and Cold Cream & Hot Tropics and Cold Feet.  These books were wonderful and perfect for my age (not quite 50).  I've been given a renewed hope of endurance as I reach those 50's, the books were very well written and I love the humor in them.  I am definitely Maggie!!  I've read other books by Diann Hunt also,  she is one of my favorite authors.
 

I am hoping...to get this house back in shape after all these weeks of sickness, ugh!

On my mind...I'm simply in constant prayer for the folks in Haiti, I'm not one to sit and watch the news constantly so I haven't seen a lot but I know it's utter devastation.  I hurt deeply for the mothers that have lost husbands and children and for those suffering through the devastation.  I'm very proud of the USA in all the efforts that are being made to help, we live in such a wonderful country.  No matter who the leadership of our country is we are still a strong country that was founded on Christian principles and it's wonderful to once again see them in place.  Of course there are many other countries rushing to help also, such a wonderful thing to witness.

Noticing that...giving is always better than receiving!

Pondering these words...Man's chief end is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever.  This is the first answer to the first question in the Westminster Shorter Cathecism, the instruction is there....glorify God and enjoy Him forever, seems pretty simple doesn't it?

From the kitchen...bits and pieces for lunch, chicken in cream sauce over garlic mashed potatoes for supper with salad.  Smoked sausage wrapped in crescent rolls for Dan as he does not eat chicken.

Around the house
...very quiet, soon to be a bit nosy when I start all of my helpers up...washing machine, dryer, inspirational music from the ipod to motivate me as I clean!

One of my favorite things...witnessing an answer to prayer, the result isn't always what we want but it is always His best for us.

From my picture journal...


These are some pretty flowers Tommy brought Katie for her birthday, how sweet is that?

No comments: