Monday, January 4, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook



To view Peggy's and many other ladies daybooks click here.

My Daybook for...
Monday January 4th, 2010...
Here in Kentucky...

Outside my window...the snow had melted pretty much but now it's flurrying again, our temps are in the single digits!!  Brrrr.

I am thinking...of the list of things in my mind that need to be accomplished in the next couple of days, I know I can do it, just need to get on it.

I am thankful for...everyone finally well!!! Unfortunately I started with a very sore throat through the night last night, ugh.

I am wearing...warm comfy clothes to try to ward off any illness, I think I'm ready for spring!

I am remembering...a nice calm weekend with my sweet little family, we just enjoyed being together and dozed off right after midnight on New Year's Eve, we're not big on celebrating new year!

I am currently reading...no time for reading right now, am eager to get back to it after my new year major tidy!

I am hoping...to have a couple of nice quiet days Tuesday and Wednesday while Dian's off, he's been so tired from working outside in these frigid temps!

On my mind...thankful for some totally unforeseen blessings that came our way in the past couple of days!  God is so good!

Noticing that...things work so much better in our home when everyone is well, you just don't appreciate it until the illnesses start!

Pondering these words...happiness is homegrown...how true that is!  We decide to be happy or unhappy, I choose happiness!

From the kitchen...Katie made some yummy cinnamon muffins for breakfast, we'll have fruit, raw veggies, cheese and crackers for a lunch/snack and supper is yet to be determined....have to see if I'm sick or not.

Around the house...Christopher and Katie are watching their European football (soccer to us Americans) and Dan is on his way home from work.

One of my favorite things...having all of my laundry finished, it's an ongoing job but I love when I throw in that last basket full and my laundry room is nice and clean.

From my picture journal...


My Katie and her sweet little cousin Will!  He's such a cutie!

No comments: