Thursday, December 3, 2009

Simple Thoughts on Christmas



Are you getting caught up in the Christmas fun yet?  Oh, how I love this time of year, I have ever since I was a child.  Our Christmases were very simple back then, growing up in the 60's & 70's were not times of excess so our gifts were heartfelt but simple.  It seems that in the 80's & 90's things really starting spiraling out of control with the spending and gift giving, those were our years for babies and our parents wanted to spoil them and got them lots of pretties, we did the shopping for them and they enjoyed watching the kids open the gifts, such fun!
You'll notice I asked if you're enjoying the Christmas fun, in the midst of all the twinkling lights, tinsel and trees I never for a  moment forget what it's truly about, Christ is center in every day of my life so of course He is the reason for this season.  I think it's a wonderful time of year and so enjoy making cookies, candies and presents, the miracle of Christmas is simply that, isn't it?  A miracle.  
That God would choose a simple girl to carry His Son is a lesson in how God sees each and every one of us, I believe that He sees greatness and the capacity of mighty works in each of us, but we must remember to do all for His Glory never, ever our own.
I pray you will find the peace, love, hope and joy that this season of celebrating that baby, born in a manger, our Savior Jesus Christ!

No comments: