Monday, November 30, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook



To go to Peggy's daybook....http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com 



November 30, 2009
Simple Woman's Daybook
Here in Kentucky...

Outside my window... cloudy, chilly, misty and getting dark, I'm a little late with this today because it's already 5:45pm 

I am thinking... how wonderful our Thanksgiving was, always enjoy being with family!!!


I am thankful for... my sweety hubby and three incredible 'grown' kids, yeah they're adults now but they're still my babies!!!  

I am wearing... green gingham jumper, white long sleeve top, comfy Reeboks


I am remembering... how much I have to be thankful for, I love Josh Groban's song 'Thankful', it's so true, you really have to listen to the words...here's the link to the youtube video:

I am going... nowhere, have lots to do to prepare for Christmas and it all involves lots of handcrafting so we'll be busy

I am currently reading... through one of my favorite Christmas planning books, Better Homes and Gardens American Christmas Crafts and Foods, perfect Christmas ideas!  Here's the pic, click on it and it will take you to the amazon page:




I am hoping... to get our Christmas decorating finished this week, except for our tree which we won't get until the middle of the month

On my mind... working very hard to accomplish the goals I have set for myself

Noticing that... life seems to be slowing down with the earlier darkness in the late afternoon, very nice and peaceful

Pondering these words... Gifts from our hands and hospitality from our hearts represent the American holiday tradition.  From the beginning of my book I'm reading.

From the kitchen... well, lots of errands were run today so we just picked up sandwiches.

Around the house... Dan is home from work and watching a bit of TV, Christopher and Katie are sitting in here with me while we discuss our next trip out in a few minutes, just up to the local drugstore, then home for the night.

One of my favorite things... just simply listening to Christopher and Katie, they're very interesting and intelligent people, I learn so much from them!

From my picture journal...
 
Two sweet cousins that are crazy about one another!!!  Katie and Randi Michelle, my sweet brother's little daughter, on Thanksgiving.

No comments: