Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Simple Read - Jacques and Cleo Mysteries by Gilbert Morris

I just finished reading this series this evening. These books are set in the Alabama Gulf Coast and I really enjoyed the setting as he described it, simply beautiful.
Jacques and Cleo are two cats that live with a menagerie of other critters after being transported from Memphis TN.
The setting is great and the storyline is pretty good, I think I've gotten so used to having a good sense of suspense and intrigue from the other books I've been reading that these didn't seem quite as mysterious.
The books are written very well and I enjoyed the whole premise of them, unfortunately at the end of the last book I didn't feel as though the series was ended, I hate when that happens. I found that I had some questions that were answered and really felt like there should have been a fourth in the series.
All in all it was good, there was some humor and of course had a good Christian theme to it, meaning all the good folks were Christians and the rest just a step away from being brought in the fold.
I'm ready to move on now, I have some books by Linda Hall that I'm going to start tonight, we'll see if they are good, I've read some of her books before and liked her writing style.

No comments: