Saturday, November 28, 2009

Simple Days


The beauty of living the simple life is having time to do the things you want to do instead of always doing what you have to do.  Less stuff means less stuff to take care of, which means more time to do what you want to do.  Life can get so complicated and sometimes we forget that we need to be in charge of our time, if that means saying no to someone then we must do it.  Our priorities it seems are always being challenged, folks want to rearrange your life to suit them and that is something that we must make sure we never let happen.  Being a keeper at home is a very busy life, as soon as you clean something it gets messed up again, laundry is an ever growing monster that we have to keep corralled or it will get out of control.
We raised our kids to know how to take care of themselves and their belongings, sometimes we all get lax in this but truly keeping things caught up means you will not get overwhelmed with it.
I'm not a person that shops on black Friday, I guess I would if I needed anything but truly nothing is that important to me that I have to get in that mob of people.  We don't go shopping just to go shopping, we go when we have a need, even our Christmas shopping is very streamlined because the items we want are not in our local stores so most things need to be ordered online.  The beauty of that is having it delivered right to your door, which makes it simpler still!
I love the simple life and am still working on making sure I don't let things overtake me, I love the pretties of Christmas and could go crazy with decorating but I don't because I really likes things very, very simple.
Life is good and God is in control.

No comments: