Saturday, October 17, 2009

Simple Sweetest Day

Of course I didn't even know it was sweetest day, but now I do! Dan came home from work, threw some chocolates over to me and said 'Happy Sweetest Day', this is a big deal because Dan never knows when these days are...LOL. I had forgotten so just told him the same back and we had a little bit of chocolate!
Living in our home you know that special days are not really that special to us, we actually believe that we treat each other with lots of love and tender care every single day of the year, not just on special days. Of course we're also not folks that spend a huge amount of money on birthdays, anniversaries, etc., we've always been a one income family and live on a budget so we choose not to spend a lot of money on things that are not needs. We do sometimes through the year get treats every now and then for ourselves and the kids, it's more fun to surprise them just for the fun of it instead of waiting for a special day.
Actually our wants are pretty simple anyway, I love anything that has to do with crafting, scrap booking, sewing, etc....as does Katie and Chris likes power tools and all three of us love our books, we read constantly, Dan loves anything that has to do with the Kentucky Wildcats or Nebraska Cornhuskers and I mustn't forget to add Chris and Katie love anything Manchester United, Milan or Inter Milan...they love their 'football'. But my point is that we've never gone overboard with expensive gifts, it's just not us. Through the years Dan has bought me a Kitchen Aid stand mixer, sewing machines, computers and various household items...those are huge treats for me...much better than diamonds or gold!
We are ordering a beast from Snappys for supper and just staying home, that's the perfect Sweetest Day for me...being with my sweet family and nice and warm and comfy...true joy!
Hope you all have had a nice Sweetest Day also!

No comments: