Monday, September 7, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook


For Monday September 7th, 2009
Here in Kentucky...

Outside my window...it's dark because it's already evening, it's been humid and warm here today but we are supposed to be getting cooler temps.

I am thinking...how strange it is for someone to bang into your mailbox and knock it off leaving their side view mirror lying on the ground, sometimes you just wonder what is wrong with people!

I am thankful for...no headache!!!

From the Kitchen...we had steaks on the grill, baked potatoes and salad with my sweet little mama and daddy and visited for a nice while...such a blessing they are!!!!

I am Reading...My ESV Bible and still working on the Above Rubies magazine

I am wearing...yellow and white ruffled top, floral skirt with my hair up in a pony tail, I know at my age I should not wear a high pony tail but I don't care!!! I let my gray pony tail just fly in the wind!

I am Hoping...to get our soap/candle making station all set up tomorrow with Christopher and Katie's help...also guess we should put that mailbox back on!

I am creating...some little prim saying stitcheries, some new kinds of soap (have a wooden soap mold coming in the next couple of days so I can make larger quantities)

I am Praying...for an extended family member going through chemo, for a sweet cousin that hurt her knee and had to have surgery, praying for swift healing for her, also my sweet niece that was bit by a brown recluse, she's doing okay now and we're praising the Lord!!!!!

Around the House...busy work in the kitchen, Dan watching TV and Barlow Girl on Katie's ipod playing in the kitchen.

One of my favorite things...just being with family, I have loved every second of being married to Dan then having our babies and still love being with them all the time even though they're 24, 22 and 19...now we have the blessing of having them as our best friends!!! Such Joy!

A Few Plans for the rest of the week...a few errands here and there, lots of crafts to be made as we begin making Christmas gifts!

Here is a picture thought I'm sharing with you...
Just a couple of the stitcheries I'm working on. I write out what I want it to say with a water soluble ink, stitch it and use a damp paper towel to erase the ink....gotta love those disappearing ink pens!!!

No comments: