Monday, August 17, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

Click on the image above to see all the daybooks!
Click here to go to Peggy's blog.

For Monday August 17, 2009
Here in Kentucky...

Outside my window...It's very hazy but sunny, extremely hot and humid. The trees in the woods are blowing from side to side, very pretty from here in my nice cool home!

I am thinking...of all the homekeeping I have to do today, it seems things really pile up on the weekend. I don't mind it but would love
to have a better system in place for keeping surfaces clear and quick tidies.

I am thankful for...for so much, it has been two months since my sweet father-in-love passed on and time and prayer ease the pain, the memories still pop up occasionally and I just can't help but cry and it's still hard to believe he's gone.

From the Kitchen...fresh green beans cooked with a cottage ham and new potatoes, also a salad made from nice fresh ingredients by Katie and corn bread with some freshly sliced tomatoes from the farmers market. We're also rebooting our kombucha and having some yummy kefir smoothies. Just finished putting some of our homemade yogurt in a sieve to
make cream cheese.

I am Reading...My ESV Bible

I am Hoping...we can get our fall and winter items out and washed and ready for the coming season.

I am creating...finished a skirt for me, some gifts for a dear friend of Katie's...also some prim stitcheries, I love making them with little sayings
I find, I need to sew a jumper for me, skirt for Katie, a cell phone pocket for the car and a purse for me...can't find one I like so I'm going to make one the way I want it to be, working on a Christmas tree felt project. Also, have some wood signs to finish and am looking into a brand new crafting avenue for us, I'm very excited!

I am Praying...for an extended family member going through chemo, for a dear aunt and sweet little cousin who both took a fall last week, for my sweet mother-in-love...I know she is still struggling with the loss.

Around the House...washer has been going since early, dryer also since it's supposed to rain so no clothes line today, lots of homekeeping.

One of my favorite things...simply knowing that our children know the Lord and love Him, truly nothing else means anything without Him.

A Few Plans for the rest of the week...hopeful visiting with m
y sweet little parents, haven't seen them in weeks since we're down to one car with one in the shop, I miss seeing them.

Here is a picture thought I'm sharing with you...
I have no photos to share, need to upload some but this image is so wonderful to look at today! It's sunny, hazy, humid and in the the 90's today so this calm, peaceful and cool image is wonderful to gaze at!!! I'm going to put it as my desktop background so I can dream of the cool weather!

No comments: