Monday, August 10, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

Click on the image above to see all the daybooks!
Click
here to go to Peggy's blog.

For Monday August 10, 2009
Here in Kentucky...


Outside my window...We're in the midst of thunderstorms, thunder is rumbling, the ground is soaked and the sky is dark. The trees and grass are just so very lush and green.


I am thinking...of how wonderful the house smells when we are making our soaps, I love the smell of bay rum (for the fellows) and pink sugar (for us girlies). I love to make soaps that are pure with no scent but sometimes you just have to enjoy all the smells that come from the soap making companies. My favorites are thesage.com and naturegardenscandles.com.

I am thankful for...the Lord for a quick answer to pra
yer this morning, it all worked out just fine and I am so thankful!

From the Kitchen...enjoying a strawberry kefir smoothie right now, later we have to go out so might just pick up a sandwich along the way. The kitchen is our soapmaking lab today so maybe we'll skip cooking.

I am Reading...My ESV Bible, For the Family's Sake


I am Hoping...to accomplish everyt
hing on my list this week, having a list keeps us on track and is the only way I can keep things organized. This still holds true for this week.

I am wearing...ugly work duds, have some things to do that are messy!

I am creating...some gifts for a dear friend of Katie's...also some prim stitcheries, I love making them with little sayings I find, I need to sew a jumper for me, skirt for Katie, a cell phone pocket for the car and a purse for me...can't find one I like so I'm going to make one the way I want it to be. Also, have some wood signs to finish and am looking into a brand new crafting avenue for us, I'm very excited!

I am Praying...for an extended family member going throug
h chemo, for Tommy and the decisions he needs to make, I just pray for the Lords' Will to be done.

Around the House...dh is home early today...woohoo!!!!...he's watching TV, Christopher and Katie are in here with me enjoing their smoothies and having one of their conversations that very few people would understand...I don't!!!

One of my favorite things...simply knowing that our children know the Lord and love Him, truly nothing else means anything without Him.

A Few Plans for the rest of the week...Bits of this and that, no definite plans.


Here is a picture thought I'm sharing with you...
some of our soaps, I like to put shrink wrap on them and tie them up in a pretty ribbon!

No comments: