Monday, July 27, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

Click on the image above to see all the daybooks!
Click here to go to Peggy's blog.


For Monday July 27, 2009
Here in Kentucky...


Outside my window...beautiful sunshine, very hot and hazy. Just a few leaves blowing, trees are lush and green from all the rain this past week.

I am thinking...how grief is such an individual thing and the time for every person is different also. If I could stop time I believe I would have done it the day I found my father-in-love lying at the bottom of the steps, I would have given anything to not have had to tell my mother-in-love...or bring her in to see him lying there, some things are just so hard you hope to never have to see anyone go through them. But God is good and so loving to us all.

I am thankful for...the blessing of good health for our family, everything else pales in comparison to have our health.

From the Kitchen...hamburgers and french fries, simple and quick.

I am Reading...My ESV Bible..currently in Isaiah, For the Family's Sake

I am Hoping...to see my family soon, I miss seeing my sister and brothers and my little mama and daddy, we've all been way too busy, wrote this two weeks ago and it still holds, life has been way too busy, still haven't been able to see family, ugh.

I am wearing...floral purple dress, birks

I am creating...some gifts for a dear friend of Katie's...also some prim stitcheries, I love making them with little sayings I find, I need to sew a jumper for me, skirt for Katie, a cell phone pocket for the car and a purse for me...can't find one I like so I'm going to make one the way I want it to be.

I am Praying...for an extended family member going through chemo, yes having our health is everything

Around the House...dryer is going with towels that should be on the clothesline but it's just too hot and humid outside.

One of my favorite things...being at home

A Few Plans for the rest of the week...out to dinner tomorrow to Cracker Barrel with some family, finish up a package of gifts for a sweet dear young friend that just celebrated her sweet sixteen...we're a bit late but life has been way off schedule lately, so we do the best we can

Here is a picture thought I'm sharing with you...

This is not a quilt of mine but I just love the colors and style, so very pretty and country!


No comments: