Monday, June 15, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

Click on the image above to see more daybooks!


For Today...Monday June 15, 2009
Here in Kentucky...

Outside my window...it is so very green, the yard is looking beautiful and green and the woods behind our home are just green and plush, looks like a fairyland that we humans could never get through, so very thick

I am thinking...of the full list of daily must-do's I have facing me, some have already been finished


I am thankful for...today, for my nephew Michael who graduated from college this weekend, he's going on to law school...Michael's brother died in 2000 from a mixture of drugs/alcohol, we loved him dearly and tried to help him but he was unable to get out from under the hold they had on him. Michael chose to go a completely different route and we're so proud of him! I'm sure his brother is looking down from Heaven, rejoicing with us!

From the kitchen...Kale/Mustard Greens/Collard Greens soup with Katie's homemade wheat bread for Katie and I, the boys will have smoked sausage, roasted sweet potatoes and applesauce

I am reading...ESV Bible currently reading the Psalms, We Took to the Woods

I am hoping...to get my full must do list done today, lots of things on it but great weather for it

I am creating...we bought new fabric this weekend for 3 new skirts apiece for Katie and I and 2 tops for me and 1 for Katie

I am praying...for my cousins husband who just had surgery, my uncle who finally got home from the hospital and my sweet father in love that I love dearly

Around the house...just finished kefir smoothie glasses on the table, bottles soaking in hot sudsy water in the sink to be washed to bottle up our kombucha, laundry going, a desk to sand, prime and paint, two rockers to paint, windows that will get a good cleaning, library books to return, lots of greens to clean and cut up for the soup, wheat bread to make, yogurt to make, make buttermilk, vacuum car, dig holes for three new plants, wash all the new fabric to cut out for skirts and tops

One of my favorite things...knowing dh is getting off early today to we get to spend the afternoon and evening with him!

A few plans for the rest of the week...today; go to library, get gas in car, go to Ace hardware for plumbers tape an caulk to install the new kitchen faucet, go to Kroger to get smoked sausage, sweet taters and applesauce...tomorrow; take in laws to dr., not sure about the rest of the week


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
A very proud father (my brother, who at 55 (poor fellow...he's actually 53, not sure why I decided to age him!!!) is attending college full time!) and the graduate!

No comments: