Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My Simple Read - We Took to the Woods

well...I got myself re-interested and decided I wanted to finish it today so I did. It was an excellent read, the book was originally written in the 40's which is about the same time that they lived it.
I found it interesting that they sent their kids to school, the oldest daughter had to board miles away with friends to be close to the school and the youngest had yet to need school but they didn't even consider homeschooling. Actually she made the comment that they couldn't supply their kids with a good education at home, interesting to me because I would assume the way they lived would be very educational indeed and they read all the time and had most of the newer books that came out.
It was a good book and I'm glad I read it but some things were disappointing to me, faith or the Bible were not mentioned, I'm not sure where they stood on that but I would have like to have known. The true concept of their life was interesting but I would have loved to know the more day to day things to get an idea of how they really did things but that wasn't really addressed.
All in all Mrs. Rich tells a good story and I enjoyed what she chose to share but would have loved to know more.
Good book, I would give it 7 out of 10 stars.

No comments: