Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Simple Days at Home

Through the years I've had people ask me what I do all day? It seems since I'm home all day, very seldom do we leave our home, folks just can't understand what I do all day? Well, I thought I would give a list of what I don't do first:
  • watch soap operas
  • watch TV
  • eat bonbons
  • sit in front of the computer (I get on in short snippets of time)
  • talk on the telephone
  • gossip (I detest gossip)
  • criticize my husband
  • sunbathe
  • complain
  • yell or nag
  • read novels
  • go to chat rooms (have never been to one)
  • spend money (can't spend money if you don't leave home :)
  • read magazines
  • complain about my family
Now, what do I do all day? Well, if my sweet hubby is at work, my days consist of this:

  • manually grind coffee beans
  • make coffee in a percolator on the stove
  • prepare menus for meals
  • daily prayer time
  • bible reading time
  • we occasionally will watch a DVD...our favorites are Road to Avonlea
  • cook meals from scratch
  • make laundry detergent
  • wash clothes
  • hang clothes outside on the clothesline
  • iron
  • Maiden makes our bread from scratch
  • tidy the house
  • always praise my husband so my children can hear and will respect and honor him also
  • clean windows
  • clean bathrooms
  • clean floors
  • sew
  • read aloud or listen to Puritan or Maiden read aloud to us...we have many books we enjoy reading together
  • scrapbook or make cards
  • crochet
  • quilt
  • sit on the front porch reading or talking to Maiden and Puritan
  • make meals for extended family or friends
  • sweep floors
  • plan meals
  • make sweet tea
  • Puritan takes care of outside chores and takes the garbage out
  • the three of us work on our herb and veggie container gardens
  • dust
  • prepare the home for Wildcat man to come home
  • keep a nice quiet, calm environment for my family
Oh, there are many, many, many things to keep one busy in the home. I'm a keeper of my home and very happy about it! Taking care of my family is my whole life and I not only enjoy every bit of it, I am honored that Wildcat Man works so hard so I have always been able to stay home and take care of our family. This is what the scriptures dictate for a family and we've certainly been blessed in it. There are many of us that are keepers at home and although each families days differ (our days were different when we homeschooled) there's always plenty to do and be done!
So am I busy at home? You bet, the work literally never ends and that's just how I love it!

No comments: