Friday, May 22, 2009

Simple Blessings

You know we go about our days not thinking about what may happen the next minute, hour, day, etc. It's sometimes like life is going to continue but we just kind of think we'll just sail through everything and there will be no stumbling blocks. It's as if we are so busy and so into our own schedule, needs, wants, etc. that we don't realize that it could all come tumbling down in a second.
I wonder how different life would be if every morning we took out our Bible, prayed for clarity in the words we are about to read and made sure to spend time in prayer....you see this is the only way to start our day...starting in the Word and spending time with our Saviour.
We get so caught up in our lives that we forget who is truly in charge, I don't know about you but I know that being in charge of my walk daily would be disaster after disaster....I need to die to self daily and put the Lord in charge of it all, allowing me to be a vessel for Him to use. This is how we can stop being so focused on self and put our priorities in order which should be....the Lord, family and then others, I don't have to worry about me because I've put me in His hands and what better place could there be.

We rejoice today that in the course of our busy lives we got to spend a nice quiet day with my little mama, she had surgery this morning and is now home and doing just fine. We praise His name on high.

No comments: