Thursday, April 9, 2009

Simple Pretty Yellow Flowers

Oh we have been blessed here with some beautiful yellow flowers dotted all over our yard!! Pretty dandelions everywhere you look! Now I know that dandelions aren't the nicest flower but for these eyes that have so looked forward to spring and the new life that it brings these flowers are more precious than gold! I remember when I was a little girl that I was just amazed at all the pretty yellow flowers we had in our yard come spring, and oh how I loved taking a bouquet of them to my mommy, and she would rush to get a jelly jar with water to put them in! She kept them until they were such pitiful looking little things but that was such a wonderful thing for this little girl that loved nothing better than to please my mommy! Through the years I've been blessed with the same little bouquets from my 'littles' and have given them all an honored spot for the duration of their short lifetime. Yes, others may scoff at dandelions but I think they're just pretty little pops of yellow and they make me very happy! The bees are buzzing out there now having a grand time and I wouldn't take that away from them for anything! Let others have their chemically treated perfect lawns, I like to watch what nature does and allow it to make the choices for me....such beauty!

No comments: