Monday, March 30, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

To read Peggy's and other dear ladies daybooks click on the image above.

For Today...Monday...March 30, 2009


Outside my window...
Beautiful sunshine and our grass is starting to turn green and the trees are budding!! Spring is so wonderful!

I am thinking... how thankful I am for family, we have a huge extended family and through an email list we've begun to communicate more and are getting so much closer, such a blessing.

I am thankful for... a mother that loved me so much that she sacrificed over and over again to allow my two brothers and I to have the things we needed and occasionally things we wanted, her love shines through in so many ways, she's still my best girlfriend.

From the kitchen...
homemade pancakes courtesy of Puritan (who dislikes cooking but can cook very well), tonight we're having steak, bow ties in white sauce and some veggies with sweet tea to drink.

I am reading... ESV Bible, also a series by Gary Chapman and Catherine Palmer called Four Seasons

I am hoping... to get some seeds planted this week, there are so many things we want to grow this year!

I am creating... had lots of cards to make this weekend, hope to get lots of sewing of both seeds and skirts done this week!

I am hearing...
Maiden commenting on everything I'm writing, she catches my errors for me!

Around the house...
through the week we have beds to strip, sheets to wash and put on the line, bring out the spring and summer clothes and put away the heavy winter clothes, mulch the flower beds, scrub down front porch and rockers....lots of spring cleaning!

One of my favorite things...
talking to Woodsman on the phone!...but having him visit is even more wonderful!

A few plans for the rest of the week... chauffeur my sweet in-laws tomorrow and then run errands with Maiden and Puritan, visit with my sweet mama and daddy later in the week...the rest is not planned but we love to do things on a whim so we never know what the next day may bring!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
my sweet hubby (Wildcat Man) holding his new little great-nephew Will, hubby is 6'4" so babies always look so very tiny in his arms!
It just seems like yesterday that he was holding ours....where does the time go?
Now ours are 24, 22 and 19...but I remember those baby years as if they were
just yesterday!

No comments: